We are one of the most well equipped centres for laser treatment of the eye. Taking pride of place is the PASCAL laser, an automated laser delivery system that is ten times faster than conventional lasers and yet is less painful. This laser is used to treat diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular disease, retinal tears, macular degeneration and angle closure glaucoma.
Benefits of PASCAL Laser Surgery:
- Speed: More efficient than standard single shot photocoagulation.
- Improved Comfort: Patients are likely to experience less discomfort and therefore have more tolerance for the procedure.
- Accuracy: Macular Grid treatment provides a good margin of safety and dosimetry control when compared with single shot treatments. Unlike the irregular pattern placement obtained in single shot photocoagulation, PASCAL delivers more even pattern burns.
- Ease of Use: The PASCAL Method of photocoagulation is similar to single shot photocoagulation, therefore physician training is minimal.
- Narrow angles/angle closure glaucoma.